The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/back-from-panama-30395547.aspx

Subject:  back from Panama Date:  11/22/2012  11:44 PM
Author:  lindytoes Number:  46349 of 59169

It was gorgeous here in Georgia today. High in the upper 60s maybe even 70. Inside the car was quite warm. I was wearing sandals and peddle pushers.

I went to Atlanta to get my daughter who is home from Panama for a few days (especially to iron out her problems with her visa). She said everyone on the airplane was wrapped up in blankets on the plane. She came in flip flops and peddle pushers, too. But she was cold. She said she barely uses her air conditioner at night and the lowest temperature it has been is 73. She is almost completely adapted to upper 80s to even low 90s apparently.

So funny because she used to be able to handle the cold so well. She's under an electric blanket here at my house.

BTW we are having turkey on Sunday. She fixed a turkey in Panama yesterday - her first one - and everyone loved it. One girl said she didn't like turkey but she loved Heather's. She soaked it in brine for 30 hours. She got the recipe off the internet.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us