The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ladies-and-gentlemen-walmart-thread-number-3-30397527.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ethics and LBYM Date:  11/24/2012  6:10 PM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  869026 of 881767

Ladies and Gentlemen, Walmart thread number 3.

I'll see you when it's over.

Nancy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:) you're funny but this is one of those things that people angst about. Not me though. I'm into dollars and cents and using my common cents to lower my expenses.

China dominates the USA with their stuff, go to any store and you can find foreign made stuff, that includes Costco and Target, everywhere.

If someone wanted to be pure and just buy USA made stuff, then more power to them, searching those goods out and paying their prices.

The whole labor strife angle is perpetuated by the unions who want a piece of the pie out of workers paychecks. Go to any grocery store out there and you will find, scheduling conflicts, managers who are less than sensitive and a pay-scale that's low and a lot of turnover.

If you don't want to shop at Wal Mart, don't shop there but whereever you shop, hold them to the same standards that you do at Wal Mart.

It's Shop Local day here in Va. you could shop local but inquire as to their pay and benefits and work accommodations.

LuckyDog
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us