The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-seems-obvious-to-me-from-the-story-that-the-30397546.aspx

Subject:  Re: Extreme couponer ATTACKED Date:  11/24/2012  6:25 PM
Author:  MetroChick Number:  869028 of 886533

It seems obvious to me from the story that the person involved HAD come to the store the day before. Their coupons were rejected by the store at that time and they were ordered out of the store.

From the article:
The pair, who are members of the DeSoto COunty Coupon Club, taped the altercation after having a similar run in last week with the manager, Shauna Shipman, last week.

'The only purpose for hitting record was so when Dollar Tree called me back I had proof of how we were treated in the store,' Ms Hill said.

'We had no problem buying our products at any of the other Dollar Trees.'

So it sounds like this particular manager is denying coupon usage, while Dollar Tree as a corporation does not - which seems to be why the customers were recording the incident - to show proof of what this manager is doing. I don't know if you've ever worked retail for a chain - I have, and individual managers were not allowed to make their own rules to any coupons or discounting.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us