The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotpart-d-drug-coverage-is-available-but-a-bit-30398543.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mini Bummer Date:  11/25/2012  6:00 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  18077 of 19224

"Part D drug coverage is available, but a bit complicated because each plan has its own tiered drug list. Humana/Walmart has low costs. AARP advertizes, but many common generics are tier 2 making them more expensive. There are quite a few to choose from, but much depends on what meds you want covered. "

I signed up for the Humana/Walmart plan. 10 bucks a month or so. I only use generics and they cost me only 8 bucks each under the plan...or 10 bucks even if i didn't have a plan.

IF you don't sign up for it, it goes up like 2% a month penalty forever for every month you don't have it to sign up later.

So if you develop an expensive ailment.....you are screwed....if you don't get it from age 65 on. .you can always change to a new plan at the end of the year if you want coverage of more expensive stuff with less co-pays..but higher monthly.

I got the el cheapo plan...just so the rate isn't dinged....and hopefully I'll never even have to think about changing it with more meds...just take one generic now......

You can list your meds and you'll get good answers.....

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us