The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Loss on rental house Date:  11/28/2012  5:33 PM
Author:  gsgreen Number:  117013 of 127627

This is very true. I have houses in two different counties, one annual and one every four years. But again, what was the original question? How to get a valuation for several years ago. If you happen to be in a State like Washington where state law (and if we're going to pick nits, the State Constitution for Washington) says assessments are at 100% of FMV and you need a defensible, reasonable number, it's an easy way to go. It doesn't work for the current year, as assessments run a year behind. But for a time period from several years ago, it works for what the original questioner wanted.
I do believe we've beaten this horse way past death.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us