The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ot-dividend-play-crrc-unlikely-opt-play-also-30403967.aspx

Subject:  OT, dividend play CRRC, unlikely opt play also? Date:  11/28/2012  7:41 PM
Author:  blacktreechaser Number:  34532 of 35367

CRRC, Courier, is thinly traded, if you buy you might want to make it a limit order. I"d imagine you'd get ripped off on a market order. Presently trading between $10 to $12, dividend is about 7%.

(Anyone that really loaded up on this a year ago at $5 should be commended)

They are in MA, They do educational/specialty publication, and religious ones...I believe they publish Bibles for the Guidions.

(You may have heard of the travelling priest who seduces the night desk lady, re-assuring her that it was ok because "it's in the Bible, it's in the Bible.) The next day she went to his room to look in the Guidion Bible to find the appropriate verse...and instead found written on the inside cover that "the night clerk lady was seducable.)

And they are now authorized to buy back a lot of their shares.

Selling slightly below "book" value, no pun intended.

I have no idea if Barnes Noble works with them or not.

Options...there are options available, but very little interest...most have 0 interest.So, if you wanted to try the buy equity/sell call opt. strategy, I suppose you could offer a call option at the $10 or $12 strike at some price you'd be happy with, and see if anyone bites???
I've never done that before. I'd wager if there is no activity in an option, you're probably not going to get anyone interested.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us