The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / The BMW Method

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotdo-any-of-you-own-brk-have-you-been-happy-30404329.aspx

Subject:  Re: BRK Date:  11/29/2012  12:55 AM
Author:  rpritch99 Number:  40827 of 41634

"Do any of you own BRK? Have you been happy with it? What are your thoughts concerning the stocks current price/performance?"

I've owned BRKB since 2000, bought more in 2008 and have a 10.25% ARR over that period, The last two years have been sluggish and I have sold about 25% this fall.

About 20% of stock holdings in Wells Fargo. Bringing in new folks to run the money. Buffet buying newspapers - reminds me of his encyclopedia buy as the internet was gearing up.

Main thing I don't like is Buffet's tax hypocrisy. He loves to hear himself saying that the wealthy should pay more income tax. Yet, he takes only $100K salary to avoid tax and then loads up on stock options. Then he gives the $50 billion he has accumulated to the Bill Gates charity. (knowing Gates will use it more wisely than govt - remember, he's not stupid, he's a hypocrite) So, overtime, he has contributed probably less than I have to the IRS.

BRKB, hold if you must. There are better investments.

RP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us