The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-good-exmaple-of-how-i-use-the-net-intercsts-30404578.aspx

Subject:  Re: Falcon (Raptor) Massacre in India Date:  11/29/2012  9:09 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  46423 of 61168

A good exmaple of how I use the net...

intercst's article made me curious about wher ein India falcons were being slaughtered. In Nagaland in extreme northeast India. These people are related to Burmese rather than any ancestral Indians. Which makes me wonder if there's a history of eating carnivorous birds in Burma, or any people anywhere doing so, what is the history of this area as part of India, more about the ancient Naga tribes, are these people basically Chinese or Southeast Asian or what, what are their native foods, rites/religion(s), how about heir schools--is anything unusual taught at their universities, do they identify as Indians first or Naganese (and is that the right word), and on & on... the environmental issue takes a back seat to the anthropological, historical, cultural issues for me, although it is also interesting. And eating carnivores...they tend to taste terrible except for those in the water (fish, crustaceans). Eating a falcon--is that much better than eating a vulture <ew>? I could spend days on all this...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us