The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/perhaps-another-one-of-those-quotunknowable-30405328.aspx

Subject:  Re: Article: Detroit’s Worst Mistake Ever Date:  11/29/2012  2:25 PM
Author:  SkepikI Number:  17269 of 18125

Perhaps. Another one of those "unknowable assumptions" because it didn't happen. AND if in two or five years we (us taxpayers) don't lose 20 or 25 Billion on GM and Chrysler produces net revenue (I'm a Skeptic, ha) I will have to eat crow. But for the moment, I am overall of the opinion (dang few facts in yet) that F will cost us all a lot less, and might well have benefited had GM not been "overly propped up" with money from the rest of us. Maybe the suppliers would have moved heaven and earth to keep their ford business and cut inefficiencies and costs out that they have yet to do? Just a thought.

And in terms of keeping it real, Mulally is a shrewd bird I suspect he had a plan B ready to go if the rescue did not go forward. Was he better off for the rescue? I would guess HE thought so at the time, but we will never know. Seems a good indicator of thoughtful and capable management at F
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us