The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-what-im-not-defending-republicans-if-your-30406590.aspx

Subject:  Re: Facts are stubborn things Date:  11/30/2012  10:17 AM
Author:  DufusGoneSplat Number:  1841105 of 1967152

So what? I'm not defending Republicans.

If your post was not defending Republicans, then obviously my post was not defending Democrats. After all, my post was simply t!t for tat reflecting your comments.

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of pretending that Democrats are fiscally responsible.

Just as I'm pointing out the absurdity of pretending that Republicans are fiscally responsible. So what?

You can't say that Democrats are fiscally responsible when they are voting these deficits into law.

Just as you can't say that Republicans are fiscally responsible when they are voting these deficits into law. In your previous post, you mentioned the Dem House and a budget surplus. Did you forget the House has been controlled by the GOP since Jan. 2011, almost two years? How much the national debt has grown since then? Are you happy with their deficit spending?

The President can't spend money that hasn't been voted into law by Congress. This isn't difficult to understand.

Just as it's not too difficult to understand that the president initiates the budget process with his budget proposal. Just as it's not too difficult to understand that the president can veto the spending bills. Just as it's not too difficult to understand how difficult it is to override a presidential veto.

Face it. You are outmatched when it comes to knowledge of the budget.

If you say so.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us