The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Dividend Growth Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/on-these-matters-and-many-others-always-good-to-30407656.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dividends and the cliff Date:  11/30/2012  5:43 PM
Author:  stillwater9999 Number:  7700 of 8742

On these matters and many others always good to have some perspective. This announcement from one of my portfolio companies (McCormick) made that point with me:

The Board of Directors of McCormick & Company, Incorporated (MKC) today declared an increase in the quarterly dividend from $0.31 to $0.34 per share on its common stocks, payable January 14, 2013 to shareholders of record December 31, 2012. This marks the 27th consecutive year that the Company has increased its quarterly dividend.

Alan D. Wilson, Chairman, President & CEO, said, "Each year since 1925, McCormick shareholders have participated in the Company's success through dividend payments. We are delivering high performance and in the past decade, have increased the dividend at a 12% compound annual growth rate."

I am planning to hold this stock for quite awhile (even though it is not cheap at the moment), and would add on any significant pullbacks.
If I hold it another 20 years, I am sure I will see many different political administrations, tax policies etc. , but I am pretty confident it will be a fine investment if the long term dividend policy remains.

sw
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us