The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/certainly-concerning-especially-since-i-had-my-30408599.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ford Recalls.... Again! Date:  12/1/2012  12:13 PM
Author:  SkepikI Number:  17273 of 18096

Certainly concerning. Especially since I had my eye on the 2013 Fusion plug in as my next vehicle in a couple of years when the technology experience is clear... hmmm some engineering principles are timeless....

I've always thought that what really matters in engineering is not which mistakes you make, its which you CATCH, are you able to admit to them and how you FIX them? If F can do the fix and prevention well, it has the inside track (no pun intended) and maybe competitive or even one up on Prius. If not, than I will need to review my judgement on F. Long F still.

My 99 Subaru Outback (made in Indiana) had an early recall. and a later one. both fixed - I dont even recollect what they were. Now at 385,000 mi on its way to 500,000 - I plan to keep it for 2-3 years till I am certain of the plug in hybrid technology, when bugs are out in the open. Recalls are less important than how you respond to them and what they are symptoms of...time will tell that.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us