The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tragic-stories-of-lotterys-unluckiest-wins-no-30408637.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tragic Stories of Lottery’s Unluckiest Date:  12/1/2012  12:34 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  46482 of 58786

Tragic Stories of Lottery’s Unluckiest Wins

No doubt we're all sure we could do better ;-)

If I came into significant money, I'd divide it into thirds...1/3 for the hubster'n me (and taxes-)...I'd get a small apartment in NYC and a survivalist redoubt for the apocalypse. 1/3 trust funds for my children and grandchildren. 1/3 for others, mostly for a foundation to benefit public education and classical music--mostly via public television and radio, and some for pancreatic cancer resarch (SIL's field), a little for other relatives and a few friends who could use a hand. If it were a REAL lot of loot, I'd let DH endow a chair in the computer science department at his college--he'd love that.

Out of our own share...annual snorkeling in the tropics and travel to Japan, India, Australia/New Zealand. Probably spend a bit more on discretionaries like food and electronics, get personal trainers, maybe instruction in areas of interest like Vietnamese cooking, fishing/crabbing/shrimping and music.

It's pretty funny how detailed I am, beings how I've never bought a lottery ticket!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us