The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin
|Subject: Niners' mistakes vs Rams||Date: 12/3/2012 12:14 PM|
|Author: RodimusPrime||Number: 93035 of 96614|
I could complain about the refs deciding the outcome of that game... first the blown endzone intentional grounding call in 3rd giving Rams their first points AND later the blown helmet-to-helmet call with 1 min to go in regulation on the Ram's eventual game-tying drive.
I also could give major credit to Fisher and his brilliant gameplanning and adjustments of the Rams' defense.
But I can't get too worked up over those when the Niners made so many mistakes.
- Kaepernick retreats 20 yards to the endzone, making IG = safety
- Kaepernick botches the option pitch (obviously!)
- Guinn Jr chooses not to fall on the fumbled option
- Kaepernick runs OOB on final regulation drive instead of letting clock run
- Walker drops a touchdown pass in 4th
- Akers misses a 51 yard FG in OT (although not so sure-thing this year)
I think that had any one of these self-inflicted not happened, the game outcome most likely would have been different. Just like all of the Rams' mistakes in their first matchup. But too many "Kaepernick's" in this list. Hopefully this is not the start of a trend. The NFC has too many good teams this year. I actually do hope that the Rams are one of those teams to make the playoffs... I have always liked Fisher-coached teams.
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|