The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/blinders-on-30413177.aspx

Subject:  Blinders on... Date:  12/4/2012  12:29 PM
Author:  Icemann11 Number:  1842178 of 1949498

We all have them. I know that we all think we don't or we can look around them. I have to say after reading and watching how both sides have reacted to President Obama's election win in the last 4 weeks, we see gloating, lack of fair compromise, etc on one side, and we see whining, complaints of fraud, lack of wanting to compromise, etc on the other.

However, the best have been the idea that somehow 'our side' is more civilized and polite. We have a thread attacking Ann Romney. We have Conservatives complaining that the libs are sick for doing this...conveniently forgetting all of their attacks on Michelle Obama and others in the past.

I do find it disappointing that the US still seems as horribly divided as it was before the election. I keep hoping that political discourse will become more polite and logic based and less about personal attacks and put downs...hope springs eternal I guess. Political Asylum, indeed. ; )

Icemann
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us