The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gingko100-and-really-the-president-doesnt-30413778.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why Romney Lost Date:  12/4/2012  4:54 PM
Author:  decath Number:  658293 of 726264

Gingko100
And really - the President doesn't control your destiny. I've worked in good times and bad. And when work stopped for a while I didn't go all whiny victim and blame it on Bush. And now that things are booming I don't thank Obama. The President doesn't control if I work or not. I do.

You are definately an exception there Gingko...for a liberal that is. Reading PA and the democrats I run into, it's pretty overwhelming that Bush is to blame for just about every inconceivable wrong in the world since 2000. Heck, they even try to blame him for things before 2000.

Anyway, the post was a joke. It goes without saying that if you voted for Obama, it does not mean you don't want to work. But you can bet your britches that the people in America who don't want to work and would rather sit on their butts collecting welfare and unemployment benefits were voting for Obama...not Romney.

decath
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us