The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/no-dishwasher-or-garbage-disposal-either-and-30413902.aspx

Subject:  Re: So, it's been 4 months... Date:  12/4/2012  5:58 PM
Author:  ems79 Number:  869284 of 886540

no dishwasher or garbage disposal, either, and after visiting friends and relatives with them over the Thanksgiving holiday, I can't say that I noticed any time savings with either of them.

You're joking right?

It takes about as much time to load/unload dishes into the dishwasher as it does into the sink... So your time savings with a dishwasher are represented by any amount of time you would have spent actually washing or drying dishes... it might not be worth it for 1 or 2 dishes, but when you have 5-6 people dirtying plates, flatware, glasses and all the dishes/pots/pans used to prepare the meal... it's considerable. It's also convenient to have the sink free while the dishes are being cleaned (or waiting to be cleaned).

I agree on the garbage disposer not saving much time... that is really just a convenience thing to not have to clean out a strainer... anyone who puts much more then that down there is just asking for plumbing issues...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us