The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotartimus-has-a-five-or-7-year-old-30416110.aspx

Subject:  Re: Already Too Late to Stop Climate Change Date:  12/5/2012  6:53 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  46628 of 60035

"Artimus has a five or 7 year old Nissan....small car.....and his wife has a Toyota Corolla or something like that....they don't own no pick'em up trucks.....Now back in East TN in Union County.....the average guy probably has at least one pickup that runs...plus another big car...and maybe a small car or two....plus some quads....for running 'back in the woods'.....and maybe a fishin' boat..." tele

I have owned trucks and vans and boats. I once owned a small 1982 Datsun with a 2.4 liter diesel engine and I could kick myself for ever selling it. I plead temporary insanity. I also owned a Toyota Extra Cab for a while, and have owned a Dodge Caravan and also a Toyota Previa for a while.

I've spent way too much money on vehicles in my life. Or I should say I've blown way too much money on vehicles in my life.

I was young and stupid and I plead temporary insanity. What can I say? I Like cars. I don't consider that to be a good thing. I wish I didn't.

If I felt rich I'd run out and buy a Toyota Prius C, oh yes I would! Right now I'm trying to hang onto my money but I'm thinking maybe after I start social security I might splurge and buy something to drive out west in? I don't think my little Nissan Sentra would be too comfortable for a trip driving up and down the Rocky Mountains.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us