The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-especially-liked-january-1-too-because-there-is-30416527.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Years eve, I don't get it Date:  12/5/2012  11:21 PM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  658503 of 753381

I especially liked January 1 too because there is no big meal expected to be on the table that you are supposed to prepare. Clam chowder sounds good for New Year's Day. Clam chowder with big chunks of French bread or sour dough.

New Year's Eve is a nice time to reflect too if you are past the age where you want to go out and dance and blow horns and kiss somebody. Just stay home in your comfortable pajamas. If you have a Christmas tree don't take it down until after the 1st. Turn out the room lights on New Year's Eve and just look at your tree lights sparkle. Write notes to yourself by candlelight, moments to remember, Get one of those Bayberry candles that smell good. Go out at midnight and wish on a star--wish for a Happy New Year for All.

I celebrate New Year's on my birthday. Just makes more sense to me, and is more personal.

Last year I sort of goofed up all my plans for a wonderful new year and the enjoyment I get making them by somehow getting involved on this sex chat board the last week of December. It seemed harmless--I didn't have to give my email or do anything to join--just plug in the name of the site and start looking through the names of people wanting to have chat sex, and those who were dinging me to play with them. It sort of absorbed me for the month of January. Then I was done with it by the time February came. Since I didn't have an opportunity to plan my year the way I like, this year I am really looking forward to a big planning session starting New Year's Even and continuing through the whole first week of the New Year.

What is it about sex that just ruins everything?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us