The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-had-a-2001-nissan-sentra-pretty-great-30416560.aspx

Subject:  Re: Already Too Late to Stop Climate Change Date:  12/5/2012  11:49 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  46642 of 59185

"I had a 2001 Nissan Sentra. Pretty great car really. Drove the wheels off that thing." - sykesix

I live 9 miles from a HUGE Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN. Anyone who works at the plant can buy a car at cost and they are allowed to give away 8 vouchers/year for friends and family to also buy a car for what they can buy a car for.

Needless to say Middle Tennessee is filled with people driving Nissans. My car is a white 2005 Nissan Sentra and fairly frequently when I park I'll be setting right next to a car that looks identical to mine. Another words my car is great if the goal is to be inconspicuous.

On a trip to Georgia in the fall I got 37 miles to the gallon on the Expressway and driving down to my brothers house on a 2 lane highway doing 55 miles/hour I got 40 miles to the gallon in my Sentra. It has a 1.8 liter engine. It seems to be a very dependable vehicle that can get me from point A to point B which is what I was looking for when I bought it.

I also wanted to drive a Nissan because I wanted to fit in when we moved here. I thought if I drive a Nissan that I'd be less likely to stand out and be seen as an outsider.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us