The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthe-cost-of-keeping-both-cars-including-30417306.aspx

Subject:  Re: Already Too Late to Stop Climate Change Date:  12/6/2012  1:03 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  46654 of 61275

"The cost of keeping both cars, including insurance (as with all our insurance, we have a high deductible), registration, annual vehicle tax, maintenance, parking, tolls, occasional carwash, and gasoline is about $250/month, and the Prius costs less than half the total. Helps that one car is 10 yrs old and the other 5 yrs old." - alstromeria

If you can afford it and it's not too onerous keep them both. It's not like you can take it with you? Having your own car to run around in is priceless. I wouldn't give up the freedom of having my own car unless I was so broke that I couldn't afford it. I love being able to jump in my car and run errands whenever I want to.

We live better than Kings did in the old days. They didn't have cars, TV's hooked up to Cable TV, cell phones, computers with internet, groceries stuff with food, refrigerators, stoves, central heat and air conditioning, washing machines, hot water heaters and showers and flush commodes.

These are the good old days!

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us