The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthis-device-is-basically-pointless-a-30417365.aspx

Subject:  Re: $200 iPhone Case Is An FDA-Approved EKG Mach Date:  12/6/2012  1:24 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  658555 of 744417

"This device is basically pointless. A single lead EKG will only tell you if you're in normal sinus rhythm or not. 12 lead is what you need to diagnose heart attacks and other serious problems. You can pretty much tell if you're in sinus rhythm by checking your pulse." - JLC

I get an EKG every year as part of my yearly physical. The nurse sticks electrodes all over me. I've never paid enough attention to know how many electrodes she attached to me. She did tell me that when the read out just rolls off the machine quickly that's usually a good thing. She said when there are problems it takes longer.

So for the last few years my read out has been fast so I'm assuming everything is normal? My doctor hasn't mentioned anything to me. They also X-ray my chest every year? Since I worked in lung cancer research for 10 years and was around a lot of nasty cancer producing chemicals that's probably a good thing.

By the way when the nurse pulls the electrodes off me it pulls the hair on my chest and it sort of hurts. Not as bad though as when the doctor sticks his finger up my rectum. That really bothers my hemorrhoids for a few days.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us