The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada (General)

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-for-recommending-this-post-to-our-best-30417450.aspx

Subject:  Re: Kinda OT: Opinions on what kinda computer to Date:  12/6/2012  2:06 PM
Author:  tim443 Number:  63102 of 63908

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

As far as I'm concerned, computers for consumers have more or less become commodities.

Byrne

Great post, I live in a high rise all on one floor condo and am retired so the desktop in my den with all the bells and whistles attached works for me and I don't have to search out the pieces. My wife has a similar one nearby (about 6 meters away) that also has the 23" monitor and is hooked up to the wireless in the den. We got hers on sale for a great price at Costco and they include a two year warranty. We also have a travel notepad that is getting a bit long in the tooth.

The wireless connection is also popular when my daughters visit and works very well in the guest suite on the same floor.

Costco often puts on good sales but the best prices don't get advertised unless you walk into the store and see them. They are often end of an order or some such thing. We live very close to the Halifax Costco (6-700 meters) and it is on my evening (summertime) exercise walking route.

Tim
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us