The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bonnie-and-i-each-have-our-own-cars-because-that-30418661.aspx

Subject:  Re: Already Too Late to Stop Climate Change Date:  12/7/2012  8:13 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  46665 of 58844

Bonnie and I each have our own cars because that way she can go to work and her chiropractor and clothes shopping and yard sales and Goodwill and I can go to Northern Hardware and Sam's Club and Aldi's and where I want to go.

Having your own car to hop in and run around in is priceless. It's an amazing convenience.

We've noticed that when DH is on school break, we rarely need two separate cars, and then it's really not a need so much as a convenience (which amazes me less than it does you, I guess ;-) Maybe because neither of us has regular appointments like yard saling or chiropractor. We do have farmer's market in season, but usually do that together. Seems like we spend more time shopping online these days.

Anyhow, we'll have two cars for the foreseeable future. When the Prius dies, we can afford to replace it if we choose to--and maybe after a few months on only one car, we'd choose to!

My parents didn't have two cars till I was in high school (not even when they both worked...Mom took Daddy to the railroad station before she went to work, in fact before she woke us up for school, and picked him up at 6 after she fed us dinner), and I didn't have two cars in my household till I was over 30. So maybe making that work is sort of in my blood!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us