The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-also-mightve-affected-the-softness-was-the-30419358.aspx

Subject:  Re: Warning, Cake Mix Size Has Changed Date:  12/7/2012  2:29 PM
Author:  zoningfool Number:  54767 of 55988

What also might've affected the softness was the fact I went with the 7.5 oz jar of Marshmallow Fluff brand marshmallow creme instead of the 7 oz. (Kraft brand of) creme called for in the recipe--that, coupled with the 11 oz vs 12 oz bag of white chocolate probably added to the softness.

However--I will admit--of all the things I brought to Thanksgiving dinner--the one this everyone kept returning to and commenting on was the pumpkin fudge--asking how I made it, etc. I think of everything served, it went the quickest--including the turkey. I placed a walnut half on each square (in addition to the walnuts used in the recipe) and I think that increased the appeal--everyone in my family seems to love walnuts.

The fudge was such a success I'm going to try to make a similar type of eggnog fudge (by 'similar' I mean with marshmallow creme--7 oz jar this time--and white chocolate chips)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us