The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/steve-yeah-clearly-they-are-not-all-that-clever-30420063.aspx

Subject:  Re: Canuck politics (F-35) Date:  12/7/2012  9:25 PM
Author:  tim443 Number:  410785 of 457062

Steve

Yeah clearly they are not all that clever... also the idea of doing time in a penitentiary and losing their generous benefits probably discourages them?

I laughed when diplomat lady organized and had control of the invites to meet the star (Ben?) in the movie about the US diplomats that hid out in the Canadian embassy in Iran that had a special showing at the embassy. Her contacts from State Dept and the Hill staffers were offering all sorts of stuff and the only thing she is allowed to accept is a lunch. She collected several lunches. ;-D

I think I've mentioned before, corporations, special interest and unions may not donate money to our politicians re-election efforts. Individuals may donate a small amount ($1100 a year comes to mind?) which is probably not going to buy you much?

Of course if you can go right to the (almost) top you may get some help, our finance minister is from the auto sector part of Ontario and he did get the GM bailout approved. He would have had to get it past the PM but they are buddies.

Tim
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us