The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dear-alstro-just-read-that-your-husband-had-a-30420311.aspx

Subject:  Re: An unexpected retirement Date:  12/8/2012  1:58 AM
Author:  malaoshi Number:  1437 of 1498

Dear Alstro,
Just read that your husband had a ministroke and he is retiring...and you are re-evluating the budget. I'm a few days late to celebrate the exact day....but yay for you both.

I hope everything goes well and also that you soon benefit from Medicare, because that really helps the budget.Can I mention your DH may want to do some tutoring when he feels well, and it makes money for a nice dinner out, while keeping him stimulated.

Life will be really busy when you are retired, but there's a lot of joy in the daily little stuff that doesn't cost anything....and I wish you a lot of those happy moments.

Congrats on the new life ahead, and also on the news about another grandchild....all good stuff!

And please, when you RV to California, don't forget there's a fool out here who would love to meet you....and I use fool with no capital letter deliberately! ;)

Big Momma
Retired, but tutoring, with husband not yet retired.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us