The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/not-exactly-quotvirtually-every-dem-in-30420494.aspx

Subject:  Re: The "balanced approach" doesn't wo Date:  12/8/2012  9:53 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  658858 of 753406

Not exactly "virtually every Dem in Congress". In fact by my count, opposed by a majority of Dems in Congress. The vote on Afghanistan was far more lopsided; then again it was passed on September 14, and there was confirmed evidence that the Taliban was supporting the terrorist camps of Bin Laden where some of the hijackers had trained.

Not that it changes your rant, but I thought you might appreciate a review of the facts, rather than the "enhanced truth" that so often passes here.

WHoever, you were responding to

You are right on a technicality

They supported it, they lost by a little in the house, and they supported it in the Senate.

With each house vote being a lesser voice than each Senate vote, I would say about an even split

With the actual ability to STOP IT in the Senate? Well you can basically take it any way you want.

At best they very very largely supported it. As opposed to the BS stand that you and others want to attribute to your heroes as a group you are so brutally dishonest it is pitiable.

But you are what you are you will do what you do. Mirrors be damned
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us