The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Ask A Foolish Question

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-a-new-investor-and-new-subscriber-to-fool-30423236.aspx

Subject:  I'm a new investor and new subscriber to Fool Date:  12/10/2012  9:54 AM
Author:  Beancounter25 Number:  259856 of 266250

I have a question for the community. I have a 401k that I max out each year (except for the $5500 catch-up), my child's 529 and private high school brokerage accounts are in good shape, I use the $5500 catch-up for seed money for my wife's start-up which is starting to create revenue (but not at break even but soon will be [with any luck]), and I have approximately $5000 in CC debt (but it fluctuates). I started a private trading account this weekend foregoing the IRA, but I do have plans to transfer old 401ks of my wife's into the IRA and use it as a SEP for her company. With this as my main finacial status (and I also have about 6 months savings in case of job loss), does the community think I'm ready to start trading in the private account I just opened? thanks for your thoughts.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us