The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  1040A vs. 1040 ~ 2011 Date:  12/10/2012  12:04 PM
Author:  RoadScholar5 Number:  117093 of 127513

My very young daughter and her equally young husband, had their 2011 taxes filed by H&R Block.

H&R Block filed for them, using form 1040A.

My daughter now realizes she likely could have deducted significant work-related expenses for 2011.

She worked for a caterer and delived food over long distances for much of 2011 and was not reimbursed by her employer for mileage expenses on her personal automobile.

It's been way too long since I have dealt with the 1040A form, but my guess is that if she were to amend her 2011 taxes, she would also have to switch to a 1040?....

Thank you, RS
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us