The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-talked-with-the-technician-about-replacing-our-30423759.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thermostat w/ Remote Sensor Date:  12/10/2012  1:27 PM
Author:  tpault Number:  123319 of 128651

I talked with the technician about replacing our current wall mounted thermostats with ones having remote sensors.

I'm not real sure on what you want to do. Can you just move your wiring to the room you want the stat in?

Personally, wireless seems like another link to be weak (like if on vacation in the dead of winter). However after reading some of your link, it sounds like the wireless when used with a stationary stat, acts like a backup safety system. Plus I'm not sure how all this fancy stuff works but I think wireless is what allows you to monitor the system over the internet.

When you say Thermostat w/remote sensor it throws me off. I'm not sure they make any house stats that are "remote" or at least remote in the sense I was thinking. All thermostats are in a sense "remote" from say, the furnace. But I think the temperature sensor is always within the thermostat, meaning "local" to the adjustments. So maybe I've been able to confuse you the same way I am, and if so, I've been successful and am not alone in my torture of my brain, lol.

Paul T.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us