The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / The BMW Method

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/and-then-kelbon-happened-i-dont-think-i-deserve-30424264.aspx

Subject:  Re: Where is BMW Date:  12/10/2012  4:57 PM
Author:  kelbon Number:  40836 of 41614

And then kelbon happened

I don't think I deserve all the credit, or blame — depending on how you see things — for chasing away the founder and the followers.

If the method had been as sound as most people who got involved with it had hoped for, then my voice would surely have been quickly drowned out.

The proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating. If everyone was getting superior investing results with the BMW method then this board would still be lighting up like a Christmas tree. It isn't. Unfortunately, when you create monikers like "The BMW Method" you'll likely attract people looking for a magic bullet, and may even believe that you've found one yourself. There are no magic bullets in investing.

I fully endorse the broad methodology that the BMW method embodied: If a stock, with a track record, is exhibiting stock-price weakness, do your due diligence and figure out why, and, if therein lies an investment opportunity. This, after all, was the kernel at the center of the BMW method.

kelbon
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us