The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/weve-been-undecided-about-whether-to-leave-the-30424351.aspx

Subject:  Re: Medicare for mother. Big Picture needed. Date:  12/10/2012  5:37 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  18109 of 19378

We've been undecided about whether to leave the Blue Shield of CA group PPO coverage my wife kept when she retired from San Mateo County in CA and get level F Part-D coverage. Coverage for my wife and I (73 & 76) costs about $1000 a month

At my husband's exit interview with the retirement benefits person, I asked what happens if he left the employer retiree health plan--could we rejoin at a later date. They said Yes. So if you find a better deal next year or whenever, but turn out to prefer your wife's County insurance after all, you could probably go back, too, at the regular annual signup time. Do check on that before you change anything.

Ours is also a BC PPO plan, but this being South Carolina, it costs $272 for the two of us. Then again, he was paid SC wages...your insurance is more than his pension ;-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us