The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-let-them-download-music-from-itunes-30424509.aspx

Subject:  Re: iTunes Gift Cards Date:  12/10/2012  7:18 PM
Author:  wrjohnston91283 Number:  869451 of 886575

I don't let them download music from iTunes because it can only be used in iTunes. Most of the players in the house are MP3 players. Plus, they don't use their iPods for music at all.

They only have Touches, and so they won't be downloading movies and they have plenty of books to read (no iBooks).

They play lots of games and apps, but they rarely download new ones and most of those are free if they do.

It just seems like a terrible waste of these gift certificates.

iTunes gift cards can only be used in the iTunes store. It probably says so on the back of the card, but it also does on Apple's website. They can't be used at the apple store.

iTunes stopped using DRM on their music in 2009. Any music you purchase on iTunes today can be used on almost any device, Apple or not, that can play MP3s.

I think movies or videos can play on the Touch (I play them on my iPhone). You can also play them on the computer itself.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us