The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-was-going-to-make-homemade-limoncello-to-give-to-30424884.aspx

Subject:  Re: Five unpredictable homemade food gifts Date:  12/11/2012  12:09 AM
Author:  MissEdithKeeler Number:  46733 of 56787

I was going to make homemade limoncello to give to friends this year for Christmas, but I didn't start in time. Maybe next year.

I'll probably just do the Christmas cookie thing this year for my neighbors and a few friends that won't get a bottle of wine. Or maybe homemade cinnamon rolls and bread. I don't really "do" Christmas--my family did away with gift giving several years ago--and the only people I give to are people at the office, etc.

Oh, and I am making dog biscuits for my friends who have dogs. That's always fun.

I only give edible gifts these days; I know I personally have enough "stuff" and I don't want any more. I recently discovered that one friend is a hoarder (no, not really an exaggeration), so I'm not going to feed her disorder with more stuff to clutter up her house and agonize over getting rid of. A lot of friends express the "i don't want any more stuff" thing, too, so I'm taking them at their word.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us