The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: State Tax Liability-Form 1041 K-1 Date:  12/11/2012  1:07 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  117116 of 127753

I think you missed the point of my post. I am looking for some filed documentation that would indicate that this interest was in fact from US Savings bonds which is exempt from state income tax.

No, I didn't. The filed documentation is at the state level, not the federal. You file the documentation of US Government interest with your state return.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us