The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/maybe-i-missed-something-but-where-did-op-say-30426792.aspx

Subject:  Re: Consumer Dispute becomes Credit Problem? Date:  12/11/2012  8:04 PM
Author:  Fuskie Number:  306514 of 308451

Maybe I missed something, but where did OP say that they were allergic to the item as the reason for return? Unless there is a missing post, we don't know what the item was, the reason for the return, or the amount involved.

Seems to me, that if OP followed procedure with the credit card to contest the charge and the bank credited her back the amount paid while the investigation takes place, the merchant doesn't have any right to do anything until the investigation is complete. As to the merchants threat to turn the account over to the credit bureaus, that makes no sense on the surface. Maybe they meant they would turn the account over to collections, since the bank withheld payment on behalf of OP.

The presumption is that the investigation ruled in favor of the OP, and the merchant is not happy and is trying to do an end run around their agreement with the credit card company for dispute resolution. That the merchant has communicated only by email and not by letter makes me think they are all blow.

Fuskie
Who has difficulty with the claim that the bank loves the OP because they pay their bills on time or early since they aren't earning any interest on the account, and the process of immediately crediting the account is standard policy during a dispute, and will be reversed if they determine the dispute to be invalid and reinstate the charge and merchant payment...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us