The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wouldnt-the-dems-go-for-the-knockout-and-try-to-30426795.aspx

Subject:  Re: He signed it!!!! Date:  12/11/2012  8:05 PM
Author:  wolverine307 Number:  659525 of 726101

Wouldn't the Dems go for the knockout and try to recall both people?

I dunno. These people aren't all that bright. They spent $20 mill on a failed bid to change the state Constitution and would have gotten control of the MI House (I think) if they would have gotten a few thousand more votes.

If they would have captured the House, all of this would have been moot. Snyder was on record as saying that he didn't want this fight. He knew it would be divisive and he really wants to work together with the Dems to make this a better place to do business. But the unions had other plans and chose to fight, now they must deal with the consequences of trying to force MI into permanent union dependency.

Sixty % of the electorate rejected their Constitutional kill shot, so I don't think that they'll have much influence with empty coffers as 40% of the union members bolt for the door.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us