The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/anyway-i-probably-wont-offically-become-the-30427541.aspx

Subject:  Re: Good meeting last night Date:  12/12/2012  10:07 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  659609 of 740228

Anyway, I probably won't offically become the Committee Chair until after the recharter in February (just a paperwork thing). Then we need to find a way to get more parents to step up for all the myraid small tasks that aren't bad by themselves but can become a headache if one person has to do all of them (setting up outings, etc.). I'll learn the ropes of Committee Chair from a guy who has done it for decades and hopefully will have more committee members on board in the near future.

I was deeply involved with the CYO here in NY. When we had a change at the top, and oddly with a change of attitude and a move to afford maximum flexibility to volunteers, in short order we had as many volunteers as we needed, heck when we more actively worked to get mom's involved we ended up with more money than we ever had before as their organizing skills were awesome

From my experiences, more folks 'want' to volunteer than is obvious in most situations. Quite often it is the power trip of the folks running things that is the problem.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us