The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-never-understood-why-the-republicans-30427830.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pat Buchanan: Conservative Discontent Date:  12/12/2012  11:39 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  659644 of 736969

"I never understood why the Republicans (especially; Democrats are guilty of same when they are in power) were so in love with nation building and wars in places most voters could not find on the map, pronounce or spell. Seems so wildly at odds with the idea of fiscal restraint that it never computed for me." - brewer

I feel the same way. The only time I was ever ready to go to war was right after 9/11/01 and I wanted to Nuke the middle East. Turn the whole bloody mess into a sheet of glass. Luckily I wasn't President and no one listens to me anyway.

Now I like the Israeli way of dealing with their idiotic neighbors. They mostly use the Mossad to go in and "clean up" and whack their enemies. Sort of like Ninja types who are really good at killing people. I think that's economically smart and efficient. Those Jews are smart.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us