The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/unfortunately-the-number-of-muslims-is-up-so-30427916.aspx

Subject:  Re: Christianity collapsing in the UK! Date:  12/12/2012  11:58 AM
Author:  Beridian Number:  414590 of 441307

Unfortunately, the number of Muslims is up. So it's not all good news. But reason appears to be winning.

The number of Muslims is up likely due to immigration. On the bright side, the cure for Islam (and all religions) is education, particularly the education of women, and this is something that is done pretty well in the UK.

In my opinion, the only reason that extreme Islam survives and appears to grow is because of repressive policies against educating women in places like the middle east. When young Islamic people get out into free societies their views will moderate. In time I would not expect their numbers or their intensity of faith to increase.

I expect in a generation or two to see a a very watered down Islamic culture in the west. Fanaticism will be constrained to poor repressive states.

But that is good news about the reduction in delusional-ism for the UK. Mythology cannot stand against education and enlightenment, it's only a matter of time.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us