The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotlol-oh-yeah-art-where-is-he-he-does-30429094.aspx

Subject:  Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date:  12/12/2012  8:00 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  659785 of 734946

"LOL. Oh yeah. Art. Where is he? He does post more here than me though." - RM ;-)

I had a fun day in the kitchen today. I made homemade pimento cheese spread with no sugar added because my wife doesn't like to eat food with extra added sugar and she is also anti-artificial sweeteners so I made pimento cheese spread with roasted red peppers and 4 kinds of cheese and real mayonnaise.

Then after I finished that I took out my new meat grinder I bought the other day at Northern Hardware and ground up ~ 8 lbs of top round I had in the freezer. I had bought a whole top round about 4 months ago and cut it up into roasts and steaks but I needed some ground meat for spaghetti sauce so I took three packages of that top round out of the freezer and thawed it yesterday and then today I washed my new meat grinder in hot soapy water to get the grease it was shipped in off it and then I put it together and ground up that top round. I am pleased to say that my new meat grinder worked well. It's a little smaller than my old meat grinder - which still works but for some reason the fine small hole plate doesn't seem to want to work right and it only wants to grind in the large hole.

Now it's time for my ABC TV Wednesday Night comedy lineup starting with The Middle with Patricia Heaton, then The Neighbors, Modern Family, then at 9:00 pm I switch over to Bravo and watch Top Chef.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us