The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotlast-month-dh-and-i-ground-some-venison-up-30429405.aspx

Subject:  Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date:  12/12/2012  11:41 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  659808 of 756381

"Last month DH and I ground some venison up with some pork butt and some nice summer sausage. Some of the water in the mix we replaced with red wine. Made about 12 pounds. Yum." - RocketsMomma

Oh yeah, aren't grinders fun? You can grind up all different kinds of meat. Ground boston butt makes excellent hamburgers! Better than hamburgers made from beef. Juicier and better texture.

I like to grind up the raw breast off whole turkeys that I buy. I use it in spaghetti, chili, tacos, etc. I'm not a big white meat fan so the grinder is a good way to turn the breast meat into a product that I can re-purpose into something juicier and more yummy.

I've ground up venison, old lab rabbits that were used to grow antibodies, old roosters that otherwise would be tough as shoe leather, old dairy cow, sheep/mutton from the UGA Animal Science farm, goat, and hogs.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us