The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/eudaimon-if-you-want-to-teach-your-kids-to-line-30429871.aspx

Subject:  Re: split residency Date:  12/13/2012  10:31 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  8000 of 8174

Eudaimon,

If you want to teach your kids to line up like sheep to a slaughter, not question convention and investigate unconventional ways to legally pay less for what they want, be my guest. Meanwhile I will teach our kids to look for those loopholes and take advantage of them until they are removed from the legal side of the equation. Lord knows the math is stacked against us even with those loop holes.

Not every investigation is productive to the point where you reach the original goal, and this one may well wind up that way. However by pursuing this line of thought I already have a less lucrative back up plan that should be very easy to implement and of which I was not aware before asking questions. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

If you want to pay more than you legally have to, please do so. In fact, I'm sure the Federal Gov't would more than welcome your contribution, so why don't you start by paying more in taxes than you are legally required. Charity is not a bad thing...at least not when voluntary.

IP,
hoping you enjoy your illusion of moral superiority, because other than a few recs for your post, it won't get you more than that temporary joy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us