The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/oh-yeah-arent-grinders-fun-you-can-grind-up-30430036.aspx

Subject:  Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date:  12/13/2012  11:31 AM
Author:  RocketsMomma Number:  659860 of 736860

Oh yeah, aren't grinders fun? You can grind up all different kinds of meat. Ground boston butt makes excellent hamburgers! Better than hamburgers made from beef. Juicier and better texture.

Definitely. I've ground up boneless hams with dill pickles to make a ham spread for sandwiches. I considered grinding up the 2 old ducks we were getting rid of but finally found a home for them instead. Just didn't have the heart to eat the find parents of all those other ducklings we did eat. (the same lady bought their last set of youngsters, too though.)

Like the idea of ground turkey though. It's so pricey at the stores and during the holidays it's often easy to get a whole bird fairly cheap. In fact have one in the freezer, be the first roast turkey I'll have cooked in a while. Generally, Thanksgiving is at the in-laws and Christmas dinner is duck. I want a turkey though this year. I miss the left overs.

My dad used to make a good roast mutton. There's something you can't find in the stores.

RM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us