The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-want-a-turkey-though-this-year-i-miss-30430055.aspx

Subject:  Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date:  12/13/2012  11:36 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  659862 of 745816

"I want a turkey though this year. I miss the left overs." - rocketsmomma

I cut up the Thanksgiving turkey this year before it was cooked. Cut it up like a big chicken. Drumsticks, thighs, wingettes, boneless skinless breast halves, and two back pieces.

I turned the boney pieces, neck, giblets, into turkey broth and then turkey noodle soup, roasted the drumsticks and thighs and wingettes, and put the boneless skinless breast pieces back in the freezer. I'm thinking about grinding and mixing the turkey breast with two big packages of top round and maybe some boston butt to make a delightful mixed trio of ground meat. Maybe I'll wait till Linda comes for a visit so she can enjoy it with me. Something fun to do together too.

I have made homemade sausage a number of times, both Italian sausage and country sausage. It's not easy to find casings though. I have the stuffing attachments for my grinder if I do find natural casings.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us