The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthen-the-camera-guy-gets-knocked-around-from-30430806.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why Crowder won't file charges Date:  12/13/2012  5:05 PM
Author:  Hochizen Number:  1844781 of 1972701

"Then the camera guy gets knocked around from 1:33 and 1:34. At 1:35 you see Crowder's hands come up and the field of view drops down to where the union guy ended up on the ground.

The video DOES NOT SHOW Crowder pushing him there. And even if SC DID push him down, we don't know why."

Consider....why were Crowder's hands coming up, in a "oh I am not fighting anyone pose?" If someone falls in front of you, or is falling....what do you naturally, instinctively do?

You reach out to catch them, to steady them....you don't recoil back. Also note that just before the camera panned away, Crowder reaches forward with his right hand seeming to pat the guy on the shoulder.

Now, also take into consideration Crowder's CYA statement that he and others didn't engage in violence but they DID "push" people to keep them away from the tent.

Is it proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Crowder pushed the old guy? No, but IF the old guy were to say "Crowder pushed me" then I would say it is.....honestly, I hope more video pops up so we can see what happened.

BTW, this doesn't mean the old guy isn't still guilty of assault...at the time he punched Crowder he wasn't in imminent apprehension of harmful or offensive contact. He just got steamed because he believed he was pushed to the ground. He could still be charged with assault and battery. HOWEVER, should this happen the Crowder would also likely be charged...and in most cases the instigator of a fight will end up worse off than the other combatant.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us