The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-looking-at-the-pile-of-portable-electronic-30431324.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: A few thoughts on gadgets Date:  12/14/2012  12:44 AM
Author:  steve203 Number:  411264 of 461356

I'm looking at the pile of portable electronic stuff which I currently use for one purpose or another and there is a clear overlap to the point of almost silly redundancy.

As I take full advantage of being a batchelor, all of casa del Steve looks like a man cave. Problem is, as new technology comes out, I get another box, but my cheapskate nature prevents me tossing obsolete items until they have been run to exhaustion. My 1998 model DVD player checked out last winter, and a 1990 CD player is about to join it, unless I can find the spot where the drawer drive is slipping. My three analog TVs, all over 12 years old, continue to soldier on however.

eBay has been a great help in disposing of the obsolete but working, like Laserdisc players, and mistakes, like the combo cassette/CD device that made player #3 of each format.

My suspicion is that Jeff also could lose half his stuff without really losing any capability.

Steve...really need to get rid of an obsolete surround sound receiver before I find a place to squeeze it into the living room
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us