The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-time-involvement-is-like-having-a-part-time-30432320.aspx

Subject:  Re: Good meeting last night Date:  12/14/2012  1:39 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  660079 of 744351

The time involvement is like having a part time job. Lot's of room to screw up with all that you have to do. When a parent complains about a volunteer, you have to take it with a grain of salt. It's not like they are getting paid.

Hi Decath,

I was not clear. I was not speaking of complaining about the volunteers, but about getting volunteers. The Boy Scout leaders I knew had ore problem with getting volunteers, and I knew folks from more than one pack

I had always assumed being from a NY City burb, it was just all parents who were intimidated about the outdoors, but then I heard Colovian with similar problems. Here in NY? I had one of my friend on the night before we went camping, imply aghast when we were talking about our sleeping bags! Sleeping bags? Sleeping bags ? I thought we were going to a hotel!!!!!!! (seriously that is NY, my wife still tells me how she could not take camping, the shower on the RV she went with was not hot after a hard day of walking, who needs that)

But, back to the point, I know too well about people complaining about volunteers. The gall is often overwhelming on the part of folks who never volunteer to help anyone.

B
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us