The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Fools Fighting Fat

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wow-youd-think-that-in-a-nation-where-we-are-30432732.aspx

Subject:  Re: You all do know that 'natural' peanut butter Date:  12/14/2012  4:33 PM
Author:  zoningfool Number:  57449 of 58668

Wow. You'd think that in a nation where we are saturated with information regarding the nutritional contents of pretty much everything we eat, people would be better informed.

I know--especially since nearly every food has nutritional labels giving the information. How much effort does it take to just read the d@mned thing? I think it's a case of denial--just make assumptions and 'hope' they're right. Goes to the heart of 'I can't count calories' really meaning 'I just don't want to bother counting calories'. And "I want to eat as much as I want, but just limit it to certain categories and the calories will magically disappear into thin air because some diet guru has labelled the food 'healthy'. "

As H.L. Mencken said--no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us